Bible Study – Enough for Now
by Abiding Love
Enough for Now — Unpacking God’s Sufficiency*
Lesson – Enough for Now
God created our hearts to desire. Man would desire God, and God would satisfy man.
Today, our hearts continue to desire and long to be filled, but sin has turned our desires and longing to things that won’t ever satisfy. So we are left constantly longing for more.
The Lord speaks. He says, “Desire me.”
Scripture: Isaiah 55
- God is speaking in this chapter. Is He addressing people who are content or people struggling with satisfaction? How can you tell? (v. 1)
- How are the people trying to satisfy their desires? (v. 2)
- How have you done the same?
- God gives the people better solutions for finding satisfaction and contentment. What are they?
- The world can be a disappointing place. What truth about God’s character can help us live with “enough for now”? (vv. 8-9)
- On what can we base our hope, even when we don’t understand what is happening now (vv. 10-11)?
- Instead of living in worry and fear about the future, God gives us every reason to live in anticipation that He has good things in store for us. What does God promise for our future (vv. 12-13)? How can we more live in faithful anticipation of the future?
- What lesson from Isaiah 55 will help you live with “enough for now” today?
CLOSE WITH THE LORD’S PRAYER, LUTHER’S MORNING OR EVENING PRAYER, or a PRAYER OF YOUR OWN.
June 23, 2022
June 16, 2022
June 02, 2022